The British writer Richard Adams, appearing alongside Gore Vidal on That Was The Week That Was, called his work "meretricious."
"Pardon?" said Vidal.
"Meretricious to you," the American replied, "and a happy new year."
Cada um tem o que merece, diz-se. Nós, se calhar, merecemos isto. Esta citação, desta pessoa, numa campanha destas organizada por esta associação, neste país. Mas não deixa de ser triste.
Votos de um natal lúcido e de um 2012 possível.
1. A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
2. A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartender asks it to leave.
3. A question mark walks into a bar?
4. Two quotation marks “walk into” a bar.
5. A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to drink.
6. The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
7. Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.
Por Eric K. Auld, na MacSweeney's.